CWM Environmental in Kittanning, PA is currently seeking applicants for a full-time Licensed Wastewater Operator. As an Wastewater Operator, you will be responsible for the following duties:
• Collect environmental samples from various clients.
• Complete field operations and maintenance activities for various customers
• Stay current on sample collection, sample handling & storage, sample holding times, sample preservation, sample log-in, sample recording and successful completion of related paperwork including chain of custody and work orders.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with all customers.
• Communicates need for major repairs to appropriate manager.
• Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
• Data collection and monitoring relating to industrial outfalls and sewage treatment plants.
• Collection of samples for gas well plats including making phone calls to purveyor and collecting the samples.
• Adhere to NELAP standards as outlined in our Quality Manual
• Learn and work in “Confined space” areas after receiving proper training.
• Assist laboratory technicians as needed
• Ability to assist in ground water sampling
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
• Bachelors of Science – OR – one (1) to two (2) years of similar experience
• MUST have a valid PA Driver’s License with safe driving history
• Ability to work independently
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance.
• Climb a ladder to a height of at least 20 feet.
• Walk, kneel, bend, stoop, stand and climb stairs.
• Stand for long periods.
• Wear appropriate safety equipment.
• Utilize fine motor coordination, clear speech, and good visual acuity.
• Travel by car.
• Work at heights and in inclement weather.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information
• Understand and respond to a diverse population.
A large percentage of work time is spent working outdoors where temperatures are cool/warm.
Level of Authority:
Ability to successfully execute assigned day-to-day duties.
As a full time employee, you will be eligible to participate in our Medical, Dental, Vision and other various insurance policies. You will also be provided with Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401k, Long Term Disability Insurance, Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via our employment request form.